TODAY IS FRIDAY, APRIL 28, 2017
*ALL FEES HAVE TO BE PAID BY MAY 12TH IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN GRADUATION*
• SENIORS - PLEASE MAKE SURE TO RETURN ALL LIBRARY BOOKS OR PAY FOR ANY THAT YOU HAVE LOST BY MAY 12 IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN GRADUATION EXERCISES.
• TALENT SHOW: The Western Brown Band Boosters will be hosting a Talent Show on May 5th.
• Congratulations to Cierra Hull, Caleb Girtman, Steven Whitaker, Tanya Deaton, Morgan Hirons, Selena Angelus, Lexxie Sutter, Heidi Brumfield, Caleb Penn, Ewell Kuntz, Cheyanna DeMoss and Britani Brune for making it into the May 5th Talent Show.
• SENIORS: There is still time to complete the following scholarship applications:
Mt. Orab Women's Club, Becky Menard Memorial, Brown County Retired Teachers, Brown County Democrat Club, and Nancy Jewell Memorial
• ACT PREP: If you are registered to take the ACT on June 10, and you are interested in ACT Prep, there will be an informational meeting on Friday April 28 during 5A in Ms Malblanc's room (207). Only students who are planning to take the June 10 test should attend this meeting. If you have lunch 5A, you will need to switch to 5B lunch for that day. Please let your homeroom teacher know in advance.
• ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT SIGNING DAY: Any senior who will be playing sports at the college level is reminded to see Mr. Cook for details about the group signing day on the Saturday morning of graduation at 9:00 am in the Community Room.
• DRESS CODE REMINDER: With warmer weather usually comes a dress code reminder…shorts, skirts, etc. must be an appropriate length (mid-thigh) while attending school.
• VOLLEYBALL: Volleyball open gyms start Tuesday, May 2nd 6pm-7:30pm in the main gym.
• WB UNITED: Western Brown United will be having an Indian Henna Party on May 11th! We will be learning about the history of Henna and giving traditional Henna tattoos. Any student interested in receiving Henna needs to see Miss Jones or Miss Dye for a permission slip prior to the meeting. Come check it out!
• NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY-PENNIES FOR PATIENTS: The National Honor Society is also conducting its annual “Pennies for Patients” donation drive for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Donations, which can be of any denomination not just pennies, will be used in a continued effort to battle all types of blood cancer with the ultimate goal of finding a cure. Please contribute to this worthy cause by placing donations in your homeroom teacher’s collection box. If our school collects a minimum of $600, the Homeroom that contributes the most to this cause will receive a pizza party. Thanks in advance and if there are any questions, please contact Mr. Wheeler.
• SPANISH CLUB: Please sign up to attend our last function of the year...our Cinco de Mayo party being thrown on the 4th of May. We need an approximation in order to be sure that we have enough candy for the piñatas. Please sign up with either teacher this week. We will announce the location soon.
• YEARBOOK: Senior ads and congratulation announcements are now on sale for the yearbook. Prices start at $25. Go to www.yearbookforever.com for more information.
• RECYCLING: Plastic caps and lids wanted! Mr. Fryman's science classes in conjunction with the Western Brown High School Environmental Science Club are collecting plastic caps and lids that will be recycled into park benches. The goal is to collect at least 400 lbs of caps/lids. We would like to involve the entire community, so spread the word! A list of acceptable caps/lids is available on the school website or on the bulletin board near Mr. Fryman's room (Room 137). Blue buckets will be available in the cafeteria.