Today is Thursday, February 11, 2016
· Attention SENIORS! Looking for money for college? Get your hands on some cash! You need to file a FAFSA. College Goal Sunday is a free workshop to help you fill out Financial Aid paperwork, no matter which school you will attend, and it is happening this Sunday, February 14 from 2-4 p.m. all across Ohio. Our local site for College Goal Sunday is at UC Clermont in Batavia. Want to attend? Please register at www.OhioCollegeGoalSunday.Org
· Winter Senior athletes participating in Boys and Girls Basketball, Wrestling, Academic Team, Cheerleading and JROTC Color Guard, please pick up a senior night form and return to Mr. Cook by Feb. 9th. Senior night will be held on Friday, Feb. 12th vs Amelia between the JV and Varsity games.
· Our annual College Credit Plus meeting will be held February 17 at 6 pm in the Western Brown High School auditeria. Any student in grades 6-11 who are interested and their parent(s) must attend. Students already participating this year do NOT need to attend.
· High school softball tryouts will begin on February 22. Seniors, juniors and sophomores will practice from 2:45-4:15. Freshmen will practice from 4:15-5:45. An athletic packet and concussion form must be completed before you can practice. You must also have a sports physical on file at school.
· February is Career Tech Education Month. CTE prepares students to be college and career ready by providing core academic skills, employability skills, and technical job specific skills. Here are at Western Brown students can enroll in four different career-based programs: marketing, family and consumer sciences, agriscience, and engineering. Look for different activities taking place this month to celebrate CTE Month.
· Hamersville and Mt. Orab boys pee wee basketball teams and the Hamersville girls basketball teams will be introduced on 2/12 at the boys Varsity game vs Amelia. Teams must have their jersey on. Coaches need to submit a typed roster for check in. Coaches and players in uniform will be admitted free. We will announce at halftime of Varsity game.
· Staff and students, please help us ring in FCCLA week with some fun! Monday, pink hearts will be hidden all around the building for an FCCLA scavenger hunt. If you find a pink heart, please bring it down to Mrs. Lang's room. A drawing will be held at the end of the week for a Valentine's Day treat. Check out some fun games in the cafeteria on Tuesday and Wednesday and please help us advocate for the importance of FCCLA by wearing red on Friday.
· Attention wrestlers.... on Friday at 3:00pm we will be taking our State Duals Team picture before practice.
· Have you ever thought of hosting an exchange student? Being a host family gives us the opportunity to learn about other cultures, make lasting friendships, and make a student’s dream of studying in the United States come true. There will be a representative from International Student Exchange in the Auditeria today and tomorrow during all four lunches if you would like more information or if you have questions. Talk to your parents and let Mrs. Hernandez in room 217 know if you would like to host.