TODAY IS THURSDAY, MARCH 23, 2017
*ALL FEES MUST BE PAID BY 3/31/17 IN ORDER TO ATTEND PROM*
*GUEST FORMS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICE FOR PROM-DEADLINE 3/29/17*
• YEARBOOK-SENIORS: The yearbook is now accepting senior baby pictures for the 2017 book. Each senior may submit ONE photograph. Photos must be emailed to Mrs. Depenbrock or given to the yearbook on a flash drive. No printed photographs will be accepted. The deadline to submit a baby picture is Friday, March 24.
• JUNIORS/SENIORS: Attention Juniors and Seniors! The UC Clermont Spring Open House is TONIGHT from 5:30 – 7:30 pm. You can meet UC professors, tour the campus, and even apply to attend at the Open House. Seniors can still qualify to receive UC Merit Scholarships of $1,000, $1,500 and $2,500! All you need to do is apply and confirm your acceptance to UC Clermont by May 1. The application fee will be waived at the Open House TONIGHT!!!
Details at www.ucclermont.edu
• GUIDANCE COUNSELOR: Local scholarship apps are now online at Scholarship Place at the WBHS website. Most are due around April 1st.
• CURRENT CCP STUDENTS: You must return your intent to participate for the coming school year into the counselor's office by April 1. The form is blue in color and must be returned by April 1.
• COLOR GUARD: Anyone interested in trying out for color guard for the marching band needs to attend conditioning and try-outs on April 4, 5, 6 from 3:00 to 6:00 and April 11 and 13th from 4 to 6. They will meet in the band room.
• DRUMLINE & FRONT ENSEMBLE: Needs to come to conditioning and try-outs on April 5,6, 12 and 13th from 3 to 4 in the high school band room. They must attend all days.
• JAZZ BAND: Needs a bass guitarist. Jazz band meets after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays until 3:45
• TALENT SHOW: The Western Brown Band Boosters will be hosting a Talent Show on May 5th. Any student in the district can audition. Auditions will be held April 11th and 13th at the high school from 2:45-4:00.
• NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY: There will be an NHS meeting Thursday, March 23rd at 7:15am in Mr. Wheeler’s room (138).
• VOLLEYBALL: There will be a brief volleyball meeting right after school in Coach Cunningham's room (149) Tuesday, March 28th.
• SENIORS: March 29-Jostens will be in to deliver announcements during lunch. If you owe a balance, it will be due that day.
• BAILIE DARNALL: Bailie played in the District 15 All-Star Game last night scoring 4 points and collecting 7 rebounds to help lead the East team to a 50-46 win over the West team.
• ROBOTICS CLUB: The Robotics club is taking orders for fresh roasted Carabello coffee now through April 10th; see Mr. Creighton or any member of the robotics club to place your order. If you like coffee you don’t want to miss out.
• ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE CLUB: Environmental Science Club meeting Wed, March 29. Presentation: Introduction to Beekeeping. Snacks provided. Meeting to last until about 4 pm. Envirothon participants are also invited.
• RECYCLING: Plastic caps and lids wanted! Mr. Fryman's science classes in conjunction with the Western Brown High School Environmental Science Club are collecting plastic caps and lids that will be recycled into park benches. The goal is to collect at least 400 lbs of caps/lids. We would like to involve the entire community, so spread the word! A list of acceptable caps/lids is available on the school website or on the bulletin board near Mr. Fryman's room (Room 137). Blue buckets will be available in the cafeteria.